Friday, October 24, 2014

Kids Live Safe! WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW! Don't pay for something that's FREE!!!

I don't write like this often and you may never see this on this blog again. I really hope you don't because this it truly sad. I got a ad for this in my e-mail today and after thinking about it I clicked on it to just to see what is going on. I thought it might be a nice website to look this kind of thing up and it might be but I was not about to pay for their service for something that if you just take a little extra time you find out is free public records online!
Kids Live Safe is (or claims to be) a search engine for looking up Registered sex offenders. I got the part where it asked for a credit card and then just wanted to cry about the state of our world. They show you a lot of fancy loading screen about loading pictures, loading arrest records and so on but at the end of they day they are looking up public info that you can find on other sites. They use fear inducing words like "do you know if there is a offender near you" and are your kids safe. Heck the website is kidslivesafe.com !!!! They do advertise other services like background check and what not and maybe those services are good and worth it. The only thing is I have a problem with them using fear to sell a product that is FREE for public consumption. Yes they might have more detailed info and great pictures but at the end of the day all you really need to know is the address. I have that!
http://www.fbi.gov/scams-safety/registry is named poorly but on this site you will find a list of all 50 states links to their databases. The one for Texas my home state can bring up a list and a map view based on zip. In the map view which I used after clicking on a few legal agreements to use this only for public and not private use(like business endeavours) then you can view all this for free. I assume most states have the same set up. I get a pic, know address, weight, height, and some other stats. FREE!! the law requires this to be FREE. Kids live safe might have a easier website and some extra features and thats cool but don't try to scare people into thinking that you are the only way to get this info. That is all sorry but this is my rant I want safe kids as much as the next guy, I work for a SCHOOL. I pray that this never happens to you, or your family so please by all means stay informed. Fell free to repost this, or share with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment