Tuesday, September 2, 2014

MobiView from eInstructions Pen Not working

Hello all as I promised something for the more tech inclined people. I wanted to write a short post about a issue I had with a teacher at my campus using the MobiView annotation pad. These things are really cool when used with a projector and our macs they allow a teacher to remotely control the screen as if she had it in her hand. But you most likey know that and why you are reading this is because it is not working and you want it to. Well we had this happen to 2 pens at once from two of our systems. We were on with customer support and after 2 hours they said it must be the pad sorry it out of warranty please send it back and we will charge you to fix it. My director wouldn't tell me how much so it was bad lol.
Long story short in both of them it was the battery in the pen!!!. Its a AAAA battery! Yeah I didn't know they made that size either. What had happened is the had mildly corroded and wouldn't make contact. I noticed that the pen would sometimes charge and then wouldn't when on the charging pad for it.
To get to the battery of the pen you have to push in the tab on it and then slide the back park that connects to the lanyard off  then you will see the electronics part of it. You can take the battery out and either clean it or replace it if you know where to get it. I know ebay sells them. I just cleaned this one with a screwdriver I had to scrape it clean. Put it back in and then plug it into the charging dock and it should start charging if not you have something else going on sorry:(.

I really hope this helps someone this drove the teacher, my director, and I nuts for the better part of 3 days trying to figure this out. Thanks and good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment